Books to Add to Your Reading List for February
For Black History month, we've put together a list of titles we recommend that are written by Black authors. 📚
Reading books by Black authors and about Black History can help to open our eyes to the past and shed light on creating a different future.
February Reading List
- Lighting the Fires of Freedom (Janet Dewart Bell)
- The Warmth of Other Suns (Isabel Wilkerson)
- Just Mercy (Bryan Stevenson)
- Hidden Figures (Margot Lee Shetterly)
- Chasing Light (Michelle Obama)
- Between the World and Me (Ta-Nehisi Coates)
- Ordinary Light (Tracy K. Smith)
- The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas)
- The Skin I'm In (Sharon G. Flake)
- Dreamland Burning (Jennifer Latham)
- The Poet X (Elizabeth Acevedo)
- For Everyone (Jason Reynolds)
- Piecing Me Together (Renée Watson)
- American Street (Ibi Zoboi)
- Pride (Ibi Zoboi)
- X: a novel (Ilyasah Shabazz and Kekla Magoon)
- Chains (Laurie Halse Anderson)
- The Underground Railroad (Colson Whitehead)
- Sing Unburied Sing (Jesmyn Ward)
- The Bluest Eye (Toni Morrison)
- Kindred (Octavia E. Butler)
Have you read any of the books on this list?
Which one(s) were your favorite?
Drop a comment below and share this post with a friend! 👇🏻 👇🏽 👇🏾 👇🏿
Links contained in this post are affiliate links. By making a purchase through one of the links, Amplify Planner may receive a small commission.